15 February 2010

Evans cycles.......hmmmmmmm


Dear all

Rant time!! It's official Evans Cycles are useless tosspots who couldn't organise a p%*s up in a brewery. They were supposed to be getting my Roubaix in 2 weeks ago & where the f*^k is it??? Perhaps it's with Shergar in Atlantis being test ridden by Elvis? I so wish my employer would go with someone else for the Ride to Work Scheme.

The weather is also getting on my nerves, it's been nearly 2 months of freezing cold miserable weather & I so want to get out & get some miles in my legs. I'm spinning as often as I can, but this doesn't really help for road riding.

The swimming before work continues as does the body pump classes when I can fit them in. The combined effort is that I have lost nearly 2 stones & remarkable as it seems my cycle clothes are getting lose, well OK that's probably an exaggeration, not as tight is more the phrase I am looking for!

As soon as I ever get my bike, I shall be down to Neals for some hill riding over Exmoor to get used to my new beast.

On other news, I must be getting fitter (OK I know I am, my resting pulse is now around 47/48 bpm). I am finding it increasingly difficult to get my heart rate above 90% of my maximum & I am also burning less calories per hour in my spin classes. This must mean my body is working more effectively & efficiently, which I am hoping to test when I climb Wrotham Hill next, to see how much quicker I can ascend it & also if I can use a higher gear?

I do need better weather for this!!



This is me in the gym after 2 hours, my heart beat was about 171bpm when my mate Glen took this!

2010 the year of pain!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell Phil. You were one fat bastard, well done my son!

Phil said...

I wish I knew who wrote this!