29 March 2009

Spring cleaning

Dear all

Having tried to cycle throughout the winter & in some truly awful weather, I decided  to give the bike a jolly good clean.  The chain had become a little stiff with the funny red/brown on it, which I am lead to believe was rust!  Needless to say, it was salvageable but I decided I needed a new one for the training that I must now throw myself into now the weather finally appears to be getting better.  


New gold chain

I also treated myself to a new set of tyres, the others had covered somewhere in the region of 3000 miles & had started to crack in places.  

Tomorrow I am going to cycle to Maidstone across to Tonbridge before heading back through Sevenoaks & Orpington.  This round trip from mine is 61 miles.  I am planning to do it again on Tuesday before I meet my wife in London at Rules to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary (I think the diet will be off that night!!)


No comments: