31 July 2008

Where has the time gone?


This will probably be my last post prior to Sunday now, I have about a million & one things left to do before the start, I can't believe the time has gone so quickly?

The update on the wheels is I now have 2 new mavic ones which run very well, I shall go out on them today for a final spin of the legs & then nothing until Sunday.  We shall start around 9am at Lands End.  We plan to cycle to about 6pm with a few breaks in between. 

Looking at the map the first day is pretty hilly, so I should sleep well Sunday night after covering somewhere in the region of 100 miles.  If we can, we want to make up as much time as possible on the flatter days.  We do have some horrendous days climbing in front of us, where we will be restricted on the distance we can do.  I think we will cycle roughly 10 hours a day for 10 days.  

A little poll amongst my readers, how much weight do you think I'll lose over the 10 days??

I think somewhere in the region of 18 lbs.  Email me your guess at pc.clare@gmail.com

A little foot note, I have been checking & re-checking everything & I have been playing with my heart rate monitor.  My resting heart beat used to be about 72bpm & it's now down to 55bpm.  I must be getting fitter!!




No comments: