16 June 2008

The morning after the night before

I woke up this morning expecting to feel like I sat on something unpleasant!  However apart from my legs feeling a little stiff, I feel great, no aches or pains

Overall I was very happy with yesterdays ride.  I am still rubbish at hill climbing, but this is down to my weight.  I wear a pulse monitor & on step hills it shows me at between 96% & 105% of my maximum.  This is far too high, so in the next 6 weeks or so until we do 'the big one' I must concentrate on my diet & practice some hills

Can I just say a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me yesterday.  I raised over £1000 for Demelza & £115 for the British Heart Foundation who organise the event & as my good friends Calvin & Val both have pacemakers I felt I had to support this.

Off to take my front wheel to the shop to get some spokes put back in!!

No comments: